All About The Common House Spider In Asheboro, NC
March 20, 2022 - Spiders
There's no getting around it – spiders are creepy. While most of them won't hurt you, there are a few that can deliver a nasty bite. If you're not sure what type of spider is living in your home, it's best to get some help.
Are All Spiders That Invade Homes "House" Spiders?
No, not all spiders that invade homes are considered "house" spiders. Different types of spiders can take up residence in your home; some of the most common ones include:
- House Spider: This is probably the type of spider that comes to mind when thinking of pests. They're small and brown, with a web usually found in corners or near windows.
- Black Widow Spider: This is the most notorious of all spiders. It has a shiny black color with a red hourglass mark on the abdomen. It's risky to get rid of these spiders yourself, so you should call a professional.
- Hobo Spider: This is another common spider found throughout the United States. They're brown, with a distinct chevron pattern on their back.
- Brown Recluse Spider: This type of spider is light brown and has a distinctive violin shape on its body. It's dangerous to get bit by this type of spider.
Fortunately, not all spiders are dangerous to humans. However, it's best to be cautious. If you see a spider, call in a professional pest exterminator near you to help get rid of spiders.
Why Do Spiders Invade Home?
There are a few reasons why spiders might invade your home:
- Spiders are predators, and they need to eat. If there's an ample food supply in your home, they're likely to stay.
- Spiders like to live in dark, sheltered places. If you have lots of clutter or boxes in your home, they'll be more likely to take up residence.
- Spiders can sense warmth and moisture. If your home is warm and humid, they will be more attracted to it.
- If your house is cluttered, you might have other pests like mice and cockroaches. Spiders will want to feed off these pests, so they'll be more likely to invade your home.
The best way to get rid of spiders in the house is by taking quick action before they multiply. The fewer spiders you have, the easier it will be to get rid of them. Get in touch with a professional pest control contractor today to get started.
What's The Best Way To Combat Spiders?
Whether you're dealing with common household spiders or a more dangerous variety, there are a few things you can do to combat them:
- If you eliminate the spiders' food source, they'll be less likely to stick around.
- Seal up any cracks or openings in your home's exterior.
- Remove clutter from your home and keep it clean.
- Have your property inspected by a professional pest control company near you.
- You can get rid of spiders naturally using essential oils like peppermint, lavender, and tea tree oil.
- Install screens on all of your windows and doorways.
If you see a spider in your home, don't try to get rid of it yourself. You could end up getting bitten or putting your family at risk. Instead, call a professional pest control company near you and let them take care of the problem for you.
Are Spider Infestations Preventable?
Yes, it's possible to prevent spider infestations in your home. Through a combination of preventative measures, you can ensure to keep spiders from taking up residence in your home. At Otho's Pest Management, we use a combination of pesticides and natural methods to repel spiders from your home. Call us today for more information about our home pest control solutions.