Are American Cockroaches Invading Your Asheboro, NC Home?
March 30, 2022 - Cockroaches
If you've seen one cockroach, you've seen them all, right? WRONG! American cockroaches are a completely different story. These pests can grow over two inches in length and are some of the most invasive cockroaches in Asheboro, NC.
Not only are they unsightly, but cockroaches can also embarrass you in front of your guests and are known to be vectors for some potentially deadly diseases. So, how do you get rid of these pests? Professional pest control in Asheboro is the best way to keep your home cockroach-free.
What Do American Cockroaches In Asheboro Look Like?
American cockroaches are brown and have a characteristic yellow mark on their heads. They're also quite large, growing over two inches long.
Unlike the smaller German cockroaches, American cockroaches aren't as agile and often prefer to live in warm, moist areas, making them common in kitchens and bathrooms.
Like most cockroaches, American cockroaches are nocturnal and will often hide in dark, secluded areas during the day. If you see one of these pests, others are likely lurking around your home.
Some of the telltale signs of an American cockroach infestation include:
- Presence of live or dead cockroaches
- Cockroach feces, which is a dark and oily material
- Egg cases, which are thin and brown
- A pungent, musty odor
If you spot any signs of cockroaches in your home, quickly address the issue. Expert pest control in Asheboro can help eliminate these pests and prevent them from returning.
Why Are American Cockroaches Dangerous?
While all cockroaches can carry bacteria on their bodies, American cockroaches are particularly dangerous. These pests can spread some serious diseases, including:
- Salmonella: This disease spreads through contaminated food. Symptoms include diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- E. coli: E. coli is a bacteria that can cause severe stomach cramps and diarrhea. In some cases, it can even lead to death.
- Typhoid Fever: This disease, caused by the Salmonella typhi bacteria, can be deadly. Symptoms include fever, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Paratyphoid fever: This is a less severe form of typhoid fever and typically only lasts for a few weeks. Symptoms include fever, diarrhea, and vomiting.
If you suspect you have an American cockroach infestation, it's essential to contact home pest control in Asheboro right away. They can help get rid of these pests and prevent them from returning.
Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of American Roaches In Homes?
Even with the numerous do-it-yourself (DIY) cockroach control products, getting rid of American cockroaches in your home is pretty challenging. These pests are highly adaptable and can quickly become resistant to various control methods.
That's why it's crucial to call a professional pest control company in Asheboro the minute you identify signs of cockroach infestation in your house. The earlier you address the issue, the easier it will be to get rid of these pests.
The Secret To Effective American Cockroach Control
The secret to effective American cockroach control is to target all the cockroach's life stages. These include:
- Eggs. American cockroaches lay their eggs in egg cases, which are thin and brown. These egg cases can contain up to 50 eggs each.
- Nymphs. Nymphs are young cockroaches that have yet to undergo their final molt. These pests are smaller than adults and can be difficult to spot.
- Adults. Adult cockroaches are the largest and most visible stage of the life cycle. They range in color from light brown to black.
It's important to target all these stages if you want to get rid of American cockroaches for good. That's why it's best to contact Otho's Pest Management — Asheboro's top-rated pest control company.
At Otho's Pest Management, we use botanically or organically derived products that are every bit as effective as chemically based products while still being safe for children and pets. We also focus on exclusion and sanitation to prevent cockroaches from coming back.
If you're seeing signs of American cockroaches in your Asheboro, NC, home, don't wait. Contact us today for a free consultation. We'll help you get rid of these pests for good.