Pest Control In Washington, NC
Nestled among the rolling hills of North Carolina, Washington is a charming city that offers visitors a wealth of history and activities to enjoy. The area is also home to various pests that can seriously mess up your plans if you're not careful.
Fortunately, many Beaufort County pest control companies can help you keep your home or business free of pests. Still, it's essential to choose one that is experienced and reputable.
Otho's Pest Management is a local, family-owned business in North Carolina that prides itself in securing customers' homes and businesses against pests.
We have over 40 years of experience in the pest management sector, and our team of certified professionals are experts in dealing with all sorts of pests.
Residential Pest Control In Washington
Despite Washington being a relatively small city, pests are still a big problem for residents.
Several different types of pests can invade your Washington home, including:
- Ants: Carpenter ants and fire ants are both common pest ant species in North Carolina.
- Spiders: Spiders often live in dark, secluded areas of homes, and some species can be dangerous.
- Cockroaches: Roaches are one of the most disgusting and difficult pests to eliminate.
- Rats: Rats aren't only a nuisance, but they can also carry diseases that are harmful to humans.
- Mice: Mice are similar to rats, but they're usually smaller and can be just as tricky to terminate.
Most of these pests are vectors for diseases, which means they can transmit illnesses to humans through bites or contact with contaminated surfaces.
You may be tempted into thinking that you can get rid of these pests yourself, but the truth is that most people don't have the knowledge or experience necessary to safely and effectively deal with these pests. Seeking expert assistance is the best way to ensure that your home is free of pests.
Otho's Pest Management offers various residential pest control services that can eliminate any pest problem you may have. Call us to discover why over 10,000 homes in North Carolina put their trust in us.
Commercial Pest Control In Washington
Pests aren't only a problem for homeowners; they can also be a significant challenge for businesses. For example:
- Cockroaches, rats, and mice can contaminate food and spread diseases to employees and customers, leading to lawsuits or closures.
- Pests can also damage equipment and property, costing your business money in repairs.
- Pests like bed bugs can infest office furniture and spread to other businesses, while birds and bats can damage property and contaminate food sources.
Otho's Pest Management offers various commercial pest control services designed to keep your business pest-free.
We understand that every passing day makes a difference to your business, which is why we offer same-day service so that you can resume normal business operations. Our pest control process is relatively simple and won't interfere with your business operations.
First, one of our certified pest control technicians will come to your business and perform a detailed inspection to identify the type of pests you're dealing with and the extent of the infestation. Next, we'll develop a customized treatment plan swiftly target the pests. Finally, we'll monitor the situation to ensure they are gone for good. Should any come back, they'll find us waiting - at no additional cost to you.
What Everyone In Washington Should Know About Termite Season
Termites are a massive problem in North Carolina, causing millions of dollars in damages each year.
There are three types of local termites: drywood, subterranean, and Formosan.
- Drywood termites get their name because, unlike other species, they don't require as much moisture to thrive. They often live above ground in areas such as attics and crawl spaces.
- Subterranean termites are the most common type of local termite. They live in underground colonies and can travel long distances to find food.
- Formosan termites are a relatively new type of termite in Washington. They're similar to subterranean termites, but they're more aggressive and can cause more damage in a shorter amount of time.
Termites in North Carolina are active all year-round. Spring and summer months here are known as termite season because that is when reproductive termites leave their colonies to mate and start new nests.
If you suspect you may have a termite problem, it's crucial to contact a professional as soon as possible. The sooner you tackle the problem, the less damage termites will do.
Otho's Pest Management offers termite control services that effectively eliminate your termite problem. We also provide Wood-Destroying Organisms (WDO) inspection and reporting services.
Call us to reserve your free no-obligation inspection. We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about our services.
Three Reasons Why You May Have An Ant Problem In Washington
One of the most widespread pests in Washington is ants. Ants can be a nuisance and also damage your home.
There are three main reasons why you may have an ant problem:
- You have food that ants find attractive.
- You have a moisture problem.
- Your home has cracks and crevices that allow easy access.
Ants may seem tiny but punch way above their weight when it comes to causing damage. They can contaminate food, damage property, and sting you and your pets.
Contact Otho's Pest Management if you encounter ants or wish to prevent a future infestation. We're familiar with all the types of ants in Washington, and we'll be able to eliminate your ant problem professionally and efficiently.
Call us now if you're ready to reclaim your home from pests.
Why You Should Trust The Professionals At Washington For Cockroach Problems
Roaches in the Washington area are more than just nuisance pests. Left to their own devices, these insects can create a host of contamination concerns, risk the health and wellness of your loved ones, and jeopardize the safety of food, drinks, and other commercial products.
In order to protect yourself and others from the fallout of a cockroach infestation, it would be best to rely on the experienced of professional cockroach control experts. Here’s why:
- Professionals have all the knowledge necessary to defend your property without increasing your risk factors.
- Seasoned pest professionals treat root causes rather than symptoms, which removes serious infestations in the blink of an eye.
- Experts like Otho’s Pest Management can visit your property with same-day solutions and near-instant results.
Give yourself and those you care about the best defense against cockroach infestations. Get in touch with Otho’s Pest Management today to chat about the options available to you.
How Can Moisture Control Protect My Washington Home?
While we tend to think of circumstance as the forebearer of pest problems, the truth is that many attractant factors are the true cause of lingering infestations. The sooner we identify nearby attractant factors, the sooner we can prevent pest infestations, and the sooner we can defend our properties from their lingering threats and side effects.
Moisture control is by far the most important of these, acting as the biggest attractant for major pest species in Washington. Many species of insects, including German roaches and mosquitoes, require standing water sources in order to survive. In contrast, larger mammals like rats and mice are more prone to infest homes with excess water content.
If you think moisture may be an attractant factor for your property, the best and most efficient way to manage it will be through moisture control services. At Otho’s Pest Management, we make the process quick and easy with a short phone call to our office. We’ll supply you with a quote and inspection process, then explain our multistep system and how it could help your property.
Protect your home and your peace of mind with nothing but a phone call. Otho’s Pest Management is ready to answer your questions at any time.
The Trick To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Washington Property
Mosquitoes are some of the most frustrating pests around the Washington area. These biting pests make it almost impossible to enjoy the great outdoors, ruining our picnics, backyard barbecues, and evenings around the fire pit. Worst of all, mosquito infestations compound every year. Unlike other pests that reach a soft population cap, mosquito colonies can double or even triple year over year.
Thankfully, there are ways of avoiding mosquito-compounding problems around your yard. Armed with helpful prevention steps and plenty of pest education, you can keep mosquitoes away from your Washington property, even during the active season.
First, you’ll want to trim back any tall bushes, trees, or shrubs around the yard. These plants could trap excess moisture and provide additional shade, which allows mosquito populations to settle down and breed.
Next, you’ll want to reduce standing water puddles around the yard or garden. Use topsoil to fill in potholes or dips, then drain fountains and birdbaths to stop mosquito eggs from hatching. Remember, you can always use Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis to stop mosquito larvae from reaching adulthood.
Remember that neither of these tips will be effective if mosquitoes are already present in your yard. To stop current populations and defend your home with pride, turn to the professionals at Otho’s Pest Management for a mosquito control service. We will be happy to provide a free mosquito inspection to your Washington property.
Five Common Wildlife Problems For Washington Residents
The Washington area offers a lot to love for people and pests alike. Wildlife, in particular, waste no time settling down and leaving behind a trail of destruction affecting both homes and businesses.
Five of the most common problems resulting from a wildlife infestation in Washington include:
- Chewed wires. Even without knowing it, many wild creatures chew on sensitive wires and electrical equipment in order to create nesting spaces for their young.
- Bad smells in the home. Animal carrion can get trapped in our walls, attics, or basements, leaving behind a lingering scent.
- Dirtied insulation. Some wild animals choose to roost in attics and other storage spaces, wreaking havoc on our insulation quality.
- Secondary pests. It’s not uncommon to see heightened flea and tick activity after a wild animal infestation.
- Food contamination. Raccoons, squirrels, and other creatures will waste no time chewing through our kitchens and pantries.
If you see any of the signs and symptoms of a wildlife problem in Washington, Otho’s Pest Management will be the team to call. Get in touch with us today for a free inspection for nuisance wildlife removal.
Recent Blog Articles
September 15, 2023
Have you started seeing cockroaches around your Greensboro home? If so, it is time to learn to eliminate them to stay safe from the pathogens they carry.Read More
August 15, 2023
Wasps are a common summertime pest, so it’s important that you know how to deal with them. Read this article for more information.Read More