The Best Way To Keep Ticks Away From Your Greensboro Property
October 15, 2022 - Ticks
If you're a Greensboro resident, there's a good chance you've seen at least one tick this year. These parasitic insects can be frustrating to deal with, and they can also pose a serious health risk due to the diseases they are known to spread. Otho's Pest Management will go over the best ways to practice tick control on your property. We'll discuss where they may be hiding, natural tick prevention for your yard, and how to get rid of them for good with pest control in Greensboro.
All The Places Ticks Like To Hide Out
Ticks in Greensboro are most commonly found in wooded or brushy areas. They will attach to any passing warm-blooded host, including animals and humans. Once they've latched on, they will feed on the host's blood until they are full. Ticks can also be found in tall grass, as well as in gardens and landscaped areas. If you have any of these areas on your property, it's important to be extra vigilant about tick prevention.
The Dangerous Diseases Ticks Are Known To Spread
Ticks in North Carolina can spread a variety of diseases, some of which can be deadly:
- Lyme disease is the most well-known tick-borne illness, and it can be debilitating if not treated properly. Lyme disease symptoms can include fever, chills, headache, fatigue, and a characteristic bullseye rash. If left untreated, Lyme disease can spread to the joints, heart, and nervous system.
- Anaplasmosis is another serious tick-borne illness that can be deadly if not treated. Some symptoms of this disease include fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, and confusion.
- Babesiosis is a parasitic infection that can be spread by ticks. Symptoms include fever, chills, sweats, headache, muscle aches, and fatigue.
To protect yourself and your family from these diseases, it's best to take steps to prevent ticks on your property. If you've been spending time outdoors, check your body for ticks. If you do find a tick, remove it immediately using a pair of tweezers. Be sure to clean the area with soap and water afterward. Seek medical attention if you develop any of the symptoms listed above, as prompt treatment is essential.
Five No-Nonsense Tick Prevention Tips For Around Your Yard
There are a few simple steps you can take to get rid of ticks in your yard:
- Remove any leaf litter, wood piles, or other debris that might provide shelter for ticks.
- Keep your grass cut short, as ticks like to hide in long grass.
- Install a fence around your property to keep deer and other animals out. These animals can carry ticks into your yard.
- Encourage your pets to sleep inside. If they must sleep outside, be sure to treat them with a tick preventive and check them regularly for ticks.
- Contact a pest control company to treat your property for ticks. This is the best way to prevent ticks from entering your yard in the first place.
For the best protection against ticks at your Greensboro home, contact Otho's Pest Management for tick control in Greensboro. Our experienced professionals will create a customized treatment plan for your property to keep ticks away all season long.
The Most Effective Tick Control For Your Property
If you're looking for a permanent solution to your tick problem, contact Otho's Pest Management. We offer tick extermination services in Greensboro that are effective and long-lasting. Our experienced technicians will work with you to create a customized treatment plan for your property. We'll eliminate any existing ticks and help you prevent them from coming back in the future.
Call us today for a free estimate. We'll be happy to answer any of your questions about our residential and commercial pest control services in Greensboro, and get you started on protecting your property from ticks.